Thursday, 24 June 2010

Mermaids

Charlie and I were just looking through a brochure for catering from M&S (riveting bedtime reading!) and he saw a cake with a mermaid on:
to which he said "Wow, that's a brilliant cake, can I have it for my birthday? Will you read about it to me?" So I started reading the little bit of information next to it, and it said 'Spoil your favourite girl with this cake...' or something along those lines. I stopped reading and looked at Charlie, about to explain why that was inappropriate and generally wrong when he laughed and laughed and said to me "Mermaids aren't just for girls, are they Mum, they're for EVERYONE!!" Now he keeps saying "Isn't it funny that the silly book said mermaids were for girls?! Are DOORS just for girls?! Are DINOSAURS just for girls?!" etc etc with random nouns in place of door/dinosaur.

I have to admit I was quite proud that I didn't even have to prompt him to realise that this was silly, and why it was silly too.

No comments:

Post a Comment