"Mum, you know Shira lives in a silver rainbow?" .... I think he means Shira drives a silver Volvo, but I definitely like his version better!
While playing Lost in the Jungle*:
Charlie: "I'm very big, I have four legs with paws and claws, I go onto aeroplanes to scare people. And I have a big mane."
Me: "Erm ... are you ... a lion..?"
Charlie: "YEEEES!"
Me: "But lions don't go on planes .... [realisation sinks in] Ohhhhhh I see!"
(The other day I told him lions live on the plains and this was clearly his interpretation.)
*For the uninitiated, Lost in the Jungle is a game Charlie and I made up when he was potty training. He chose a pack of pants which had some camouflaged ones in and I joked "Oh, they'll be useful then, for when you get lost in the jungle!" This made Charlie very very upset as he thought that if he wore pants he would end up lost in a jungle, so I had to turn 'Lost in the Jungle' into something positive pretty quick so that he would put pants on! Basically you 'be an animal' and the other people playing have to guess what you are. Cue very confusing games when it's Charlie's turn to describe, saying things like "I'm very big, I live in the sea, I've got 5 legs and I'm very small." Then claiming he was being an ant or something similar.
No comments:
Post a Comment